Monday, March 17, 2014

First Big Rain Event With New Back Nine Greenside Bunkers

On the morning of March 17, 2014 I discovered that we had received a total of 1.6" of precipitation from the previous day. I thought that this would be an opportune time to check and see if the newly converted back nine greenside bunkers were living up to our expectations. As I drove around the front nine I witnessed the typical bunker washing that we normally encounter with rainfall totals such as today's. After making my way through the front nine I was beginning to grow a little pessimistic but my doubt was quickly turned around as soon as I made the turn. The pictures below show two of the front nine greenside bunkers after the rain and two of the renovated back nine greenside bunkers. I am very pleased with the how well the bunkers held up during the rain showers and I know that the crew members wielding shovels to repair them share my enthusiasm.  
 
#9 Left Greenside Bunkers (Old Bunkers with Liner)


#9 Close up of the Left Greenside Bunkers (Old Bunkers with Liner)
 
 
#10 Right Greenside Bunker (Better Billy Bunker Method)

#10 Left Greenside Bunker (Better Billy Bunker Method)












No comments:

Post a Comment